Friday, August 6, 2010

its an etsyful day

One of my favorite things about blogging is well, my favorite things. I love to share with my blog buddies awesome things I find or learn about from friends. One of my very most favorite things is http://www.etsy.com/ mostly because it helps me find more favorite things. If you arent familiar with etsy you are missing out no longer :) Etsy is a special place where moms, artists, creative folk etc are able to sell and share their creativity with the world. I first learned about etsy through babywearing. Many of the most gorgeous carriers out there are  are mama made and sold on etsy. Then I started browsing and found handmade jewelry, art, baby clothing, cloth diapers, clothes for me, u name it, you can get it on etsy. Not only can you get it on etsy but you SHOULD get it on etsy. Lets face it, the economy still sux, people are losing jobs left and right but etsy allows many people to maintain an income and you still get what you wanted only, unlike picking it up at your local Wal-Mart, you will be purchasing it from ....for ex....a loving mother who handmade the item carefully in between feeding her baby and putting food on the table. Your cash, that you would have given to an executives 5 star hotel fund, now goes to help an artist put food on the table (they are all starving right) or a photographer mom upgrade her website for her homebased business so she can be with her kiddos after school. No etsy is not a charity, but it is about people/families helping others by supporting their business and cutting out the middle man. It is about keeping arts and crafts alive beyond elementary school. Its about using your dollars to promote love and creativity among all people......soo ...now as i step off my handmadeboughtonetsysoapbox i wanna share some of my favorite etsy finds and artists :)


this is my made for me piper tutu bow holder. my best friend as a little girl (hi haley :) had a bow holder. it was totally different than this one, but i couldnt find one like hers and fell in love with this one http://www.etsy.com/shop/addalilcharm?ref=seller_info


these are all longies (wool pants for cloth diapers) the second pair from the left isnt from etsy but all three others are from http://www.etsy.com/shop/KnitterKnots which is one of my favorites of course. 2 of the three were customs and abby is great to work with and a super great babywearing mama :)

I dont have a pic of Pipers dresses but we have bought two from Marion (another bwing mama) and loved them. they are modest and easy to play in but beware, you will get lots of attention and compliments http://www.etsy.com/shop/marionscott77

here is a great shop for unique one of a kind art. all made by a super mama whom i love :) i dont own a mlee original yet but it is on my christmas list this year for the new house http://www.etsy.com/listing/9298578/music-6x6in-original-mixed-media?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=PageTools&utm_campaign=Share

love love love these gorgeous carriers. if you want a stunning beauty this is where u are gonna get the most bang for your buck and they are very well made!! http://www.etsy.com/listing/52173247/standard-himmel-liesel?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=himmel&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

feel free to share with me some of your etsy faves, you can never have too many!! happy shopping :)

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I love seeing what other families are doing too and sharing as well. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE the hair bow tutu! I sent the link to my mom for a Christmas gift idea for my girls! SO cute!!! :) You will LOVE the clothes on this site for Piper....she's a friend of mine from way back in elementary school! http://www.etsy.com/shop/fancypantsbyjamee
    I'll send you a link on FB too...I think she's having a FAN contest right now, so let's win something! HA HA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out. I am trying to remember what my bow holder looked like. Chances are my mom still has it her attic and it is waiting to be found. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember it as a blonde girl with long braids hanging down and the bows went in her braids. but i have learned as an adult that i remember everything quite different than it actually was so ??? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love Etsy!! Here are my favorites thus far:

    Wonderful personalized diaper bags of all sizes and every accessory!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TweedleTotes

    Wonderful dress for Belle's dedication and amazing and easy to follow patterns.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Philopolis

    The sweetest Mother went out of her way to get me embroidery on her bib/burpcloth sets. I've ordered quite a few as gifts, too.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/mommyandmecamo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE etsy!!! I have bought awesome handmade jewelry and wall decals for over my bed!!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following...I look forward to following your blog and getting to know you better!!

    I LOVE your profile picture! So cute!

    ReplyDelete