Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 5 The Love Dare

The challenge for Day 4 was to contact your mate while they were away. I thought/posted how easy this was gonna be and of course that was not the case. Yesterday Beau got a new iphone so he spent all day in phone transition. Add to that the fact that he is military intelligence ( i could be more specific but id have to kill you lol) and not allowed to bring cell phones into their dungeon. So needless to say I did not complete the Love Dare yesterday....and then (not that I'm complaining) he was off work today and well, how do you contact someone who is right beside you?

Id love to present to you a perfect world. A perfect home with a perfect marriage and perfect children, but that aint real. Things in my bubble are great but I am determined for this blog to be real, with flaws and all. A good friend once gave me advice to live by (thanks brandy:) She said "stop trying to be perfect, it only makes people hate you" and from that day forward, I've lived by those words. I think if you make the decision to put it all out there, that means ALL so I must admit the last two days werent my best. I was frustrated with starting up school and settling into routines, pike has been teething, and it seems I'm deathly allergic to the great beautiful state of Colorado so my fuse was short. I tried my best to maintain patience, but alas, i failed and got a bit snippy a time or two. the good thing is, thanks to the love dare i recognized it, attempted to explain my behavior and apologize and get back on track. proof positive that marriage/love is work :) but worth it !!

Day 5    Dont be rude!

He who blesses his friend with a loud voice early in the morning, it will be reckoned a curse to him- Proverbs 27:14

aint that the truth!

Nobody likes rudeness, the hard part about that is, rudeness is subjective. What I think is rude, might not be rude to you and vice versa. The great part about that is, no matter what the state of your marriage, how close or far apart you are, you know those little things that bug your spouse. If you desire to love this person, you should do your best to purposefully avoid things that frustrate them or cause discomfort. easier said than done, i know. But i believe it will make a difference if you are making the effort, even if you still fall short occasionally.

I train my kids to be polite, I put on a smile when I answer the door, in general I never want to be rude to a stranger, or anyone really. All to often we are kinder to those outside our homes/hearts than those residing in them. Its time to give our best to our own instead of everyone else. The book again has some questions for me....

1.How does your spouse feel about the way you speak to them?
2.How do you affect your mates self esteem?
3. Would your mate say you are a blessing?
4.Do you wish your spouse would stop doing things to bother you?
   (if yes, then evoke the golden rule, stop doing things to bother them lol)
5. Will you dare to be delightful?

todays dare is a little more like homework...

ask your spouse 3 things that you do that irritate them, or make them uncomfy. You then bite down hard on your own tongue. No explanations or responses allowed other than "thanks hunky husband for being honest with me". We aren't allowed to attack or justify just take it all in...........

well here goes nothin :)

1 comment:

  1. I relate to the 'perfection' blurb! I wish I had gotten the same advice :) it's so true...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete