Saturday, August 28, 2010

day 10 the love dare

well I'm sure youve noticed its been taking me more than a day to do a day of the love dare. mostly because it takes me more than a day to post about it. Beau still doesn't realize I'm doing the dare, I'm not sure if that means I'm not doing a good job :( but hopefully it just means things are feeling good and there is no reason to hunt for a reason :) Day 9s dare was about greetings. I never really thought of a special greeting. Its usually an event when dad gets home from work, no matter how many times that happens throughout the day. Usually the event is initiated by the kids, so i tried to be the first to initiate. Sometimes that isnt possible because they watch for him at the window, but I think the biggest change, the most noticeable to Beau will be the fact that I stop what I'm doing. Usually I'm cooking so I made it a goal to stop for a min and spend some time chatting. He hasnt complained once that dinner is 10min late at all!! Sometimes I'm at the computer and immediately i shut it. Thats hard because sometimes I'm in mid convo with someone or doing something that might get messed up if i quit, but no matter what, i just shut the comp! He hasn't mentioned it but i know he appreciates it because he hates when i talk to him from behind the screen :)

an image from way back in the day, pg with pax 6yrs ago!



God demonstrates His own love for us in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us Romans 5:8

love is unconditional.....or rather, its intended to be!

If someone were to ask you "why do u love your man?" you could probably come up with atleast a few answers, maybe thousands. Personally, i hate questions like this! Mostly because, if I'm honest, i just make up answers i assume people expect to hear. I have my suspicions that many others do the same, but I could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time I was a wierdo :) It has made me feel guilty in the past. Ive wondered in the past if I was somehow a bad wife for not having a bunch of reasons. Sure he is great, remember, i made a list a few days ago! but i cant without a doubt say that any of those reason are why i love him. Well, today I began to feel better about myself. This day was awesome and truly helped me understand some of my own feelings , can u say LIFE CHANGER!!!!!!

Take all those reasons people normally say they love someone. Handsome, Nice, Great Dad, Awesome Helper, Smart, Rich etc...........Now consider if those reasons changed. What if he/she is burned and is no longer so cute. What if , over the course of years, they lose a little niceness, become jaded by their job or chronic pain, or simply stressed. What if he never really turns out to be the best dad in the world (every dad cant be right?). What if after a few years you find out they weren't really that smart or they lost their money. I guess the point is, when you love for a reason your love will cease when the reason does.

Wow, i was so excited to read that. Its great to know there is a reason i dont have a reason. I love my husband, because I believe he is the man God gave me and because I choose to love him unconditionally. I appreciate all the great things about him, but as he grows older and changes I assume those things will to. Some will fade, new reasons will come, people change. Fortunately my love for him is forever and will survive regardless of any reason.

The Greeks call this love Agape love. unlike other types agape is selfless and unconditional and the Bible describes the love Christ has for us as agape. This love is based on commitment, not feelings or circumstance, as the love in a successful marriage should be! this is the love that "bears all things , hopes all things, endures all things".

so from now on, i will no longer say "i love you because......" i will say, " i love your forever" period!

todays dare:     do something out of the ordinary for your spouse that shows you love them. cook their fave food, clean the kitchen , whatever that might make them smile. don't do it because they've done something to deserve it, but do it because you've decided now to do something for them regardless :)

1 comment:

  1. Courtney, I'm really enjoying reading your blog! I know what you mean about the 'reason' thing. I always feel like I have to give those cliches when it's just "I love him." Not "I love him when..." or "I love him because...."

    ReplyDelete