Wednesday, August 11, 2010

day 3 of The Love Dare

Day 3 went really well. Beau was at work all day so it wasnt too hard to practice patience. It must be working a bit because I started noticing him doing a few "Love Dare" type things.

1. our trash taker outer is at camp and this is one chore I loathe. I ask beau to do it and just keep squishing down the trash. i bite my tongue and never complain just ask again a few hours later, well this morning, while i was making his fab veggie omelet...he did it!!!!!!

2. He picked up some tile I custom ordered at Lowe's, he has been reminding me to do this for weeks and he got off early and did it on his way home :)

3. He immediately asked about my day and if i missed him and thought of him while i was at Focus on the Family

4. the baby needed mom so he finished up dinner, often the norm is for this to make dinner late...but not today!!

pretty great considering ive only had about 2 hours with him!! and he still has no clue I'm doing the Love Dare. I had no prob with the patience today but i did have a prob picking out a gift. My friend Jen and I took our kids to Focus on the Family, it was amazing and the kids had a blast, all free of course :) and i knew they had a great book store. I told Jen about the Dare and asked if she thought I could find something or if she had any suggestions. She his well versed on his love for gladiator/spartan type flicks, u know, anything with men in leather skirts :) so she suggested action figures, or his very own manskirt lol!! which he prob would have liked haaaa but alas someone needs to ring James Dobson and let him know the store is deficient. The nice ladies there helped me pick him out a book instead. A nice book by Dobson of course lol. Well I showed it to beau when he asked if i had thought of him, he kinda maybe smiled and didn't pay much attention. Like the Love Dare said, he seemed pleased to be in my heart and on my mind and so who really cares that he may never read the book. He actually stacked it with the kids homeschool stuff ????  Ill heed my own advice and remember that I gave the gift, got the smile, so I'm happy with that :) so i guess the Love Dare is already starting to work, this is waaaayyy faster than the movie!!!

btw I'm thrilled so many friends are joining me, some fully , some partially, either way im happy because one day Ill tell beau about it and he will act like I'm crazy and I will inform him how im not the only one, which always helps!!

Day 4....

How precious also are your thoughts to me...How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand ....psalm 139:17-18

Today is about thoughtfulness. For men this might be a toughie but I think thoughtfulness comes second nature to women.

Love takes thought! Therefore thoughtfulness is a key part of any relationship esp a marriage. Just today my husband asked if I thought of him, which tells me it is important to him that I do! luckily i had a gift that proved i had :)  After we have been married/dating/bromancing for awhile, the thoughtfulness kinda becomes less frequent. To quote the  book "The hunt is over, pursuing done". So we have to make an effort to pick it back up, become the pursuer again and simply be thoughtful.

"Thoughtlessness is a silent enemy to a loving relationship". How would the hubster feel if i just forgot to fix enough dinner for him, or forgot he was allergic to fish and baked a 50lb halibut? Neither would be malicious, but the thoughtlessness hurts nonetheless. The book states that a woman deeply longs for a husband to be thoughtful. Totally true, i love when he brings home my fave ice cream or buys me an outfit, even if it doesn't fit! its the thought that counts and it feels great to know you were thought of. Hence the ever popular facebook post "thinking of you". Its nice to know when someone is....so logically, do unto others? and i guess its time i plan some thoughtfulness into my day :) Love requires thoughtfulness on both sides, but consequently, it is my belief/hope that one follows the other. The plan....to be thoughtful starting tomorrow or maybe tonight.........the underlying plan: start planning/thinking now for the next birthday/anniversary/special day........

and then comes The Dare: Finally! an easy one, no patience involved, although by now its a tid bit of a habit so I'm certain ill have more than before i started.

Contact your loved one sometime during the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he/she is doing!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's faster because we don't have marriages that are in as deep of trouble (or should I say any trouble) as theirs was in the movie... But, it's still worth every bit of effort to make sure it never gets there!

    ReplyDelete