Sunday, August 15, 2010

day 6 the love dare

Day 5 didn't go all that well for me. I did take a leap and ask Beau what 3 things I do to bother him, but it was kinda hard to get an answer. I informed him to "speak now or forever hold his peace" but he waited 24hrs before answering me. Hence the day late blog entry lol, but the answer was legit i suppose :) When he brings up a problem/concern/question about something i have done/am doing/will do, he doesn't like it when I immediately point out some problem i have with him that is unrelated. I started to explain why i did this on different occasions, but I bit it!! my tongue that is, and accepted his opinion and I vow to do my best to eliminate this habit. I was pretty impressed that he only had one complaint :) so i thought it would be fun to turn the tables. I told him how it is mean to eat all the salsa the day we bought it, no matter how much we buy, so when i want some i discover it all gone! he agreed, but admitted he could make no promise to stop as he suffers from severe salsa addiction. He also agree that misplacing the laundry throughout the house is an annoying habit, but again no hope for change lol!! i cant remember my third complaint but i do remember he didn't agree, i tried explaining the rule of no retort, but he said he didn't play by my rules, haaaaa!! he is still clueless about The Love Dare and thought this was simply my lame attempt at a game, but it didn't go to bad i guess so ill take it :)

I still lost my patience a few times, and now that its not tied to the dare of the day, im seeing how easy it is to slip back. I guess it wasn't as much of a habit as I thought. Still im excited to see what the rest of The Love Dare has in store for me and im sure to emerge a better wifey :)






Day 7

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit , than he who captures a city ..proverbs 16:32

Minor problems should never yield major reactions...words to live by. This day is all about self control! The book lists a few reasons why we over react at times and become quick to anger (aka irritable). The main cause is stress of which there are many types...

relational causes: arguments, bitterness

excess causes: overworking, overplaying, overspending

deficiencies (my biggie): not enough rest, sleep, nutrition or exercise  (im checking yes to all of the above) so im reminding myself of exodus 18:17-23 which reminds us to delegate when you are overworked. easier said than done of course!

The Bible also reminds us to take a Sabbath day. I think im going to start trying to make this a true day of rest for myself and my fam. A day to relax and recharge for the week ahead. Usually even though Beau is off work and we go to church and do not school, it is also the day we do projects and I catch up on cleaning. If i truly take a day off, in my head i feel that everything will fall behind and nobody will get fed, nor will anything be cleaned, and no doubt the world will be over!! but i promise, this week im gonna give it a go and try to truly take Sunday off. perhaps I will really benefit from it and be less stressed, more patient, and the whole fam will benefit in turn! or perhaps I will spend the rest of the week making up  (my true fear). I guess we shall see.

Greed for more money and more possessions will frustrate you with unfulfilled desires ..1 Timothy 6:9,10

I learned a long time ago a lesson of contentment. The Lord has given me so much and Im so thankful. I honestly spend most days wanting for nothing, but every now and then I do slip. Not always with money or possessions, but often I find my greed is for time. Time to myself, time for myself, time to do this or that, instead of accepting the now and enjoying the contentment that follows. Nope, i do not have time for weekly pedicures or even to watch that new show etc, that is just not my life right now. Greed for anything = stress, and its important to let it go, keep your stress low, and you will be a nicer person to be around!

the great part about all that drama is that (if you are doing this dare atleast) you love someone. Love has the ability to forgive, turn greed to contentment, calm stresses and squash anger. When you love someone it is possible to let many things go, let love take over, and be slow to anger, and quick to forgiveness!

today's dare

Choose today to react to a touch circumstance in a loving way letting go of your irritation. Make a list of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule , then list any wrong motivations u need to release from your life.

3 comments:

  1. Finally saw Fireproof...Movie marathon weekend for Dad and me...Fireproof, Inception, and Benjamin Buttons. Fireproof was wonderful...I boo hooed....Loved the soundtrack too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea--a thought about making Sunday truly a day of rest (or 're-creation' as I tend to think of it because I get little actual rest, but do get recreation) is to get out of the house for almost the entire day. If I'm home and 'resting' I still think about the dishes and laundry and errands and, and, and. If we're out enjoying an activity as a family (be it visiting with the grandparents, going swimming etc) then I simply can't be occupied with work. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just have to say, you are one HOT lady. Seriously - you look like a fairy princess in that picture. Gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete