Sunday, February 21, 2010

to love or hate...the mop that is

Kinda an odd topic to blog about but not really for some of my babywearing buddies who know me quite well. It was posted once that I might need an intervention and this could be an addiction. That may be true but then again i hate mopping too so im not really sure. I would never really say i love to mop although you can count atleast 4 mops that entered my mop graveyard (a broom closet off the laundry room) last year alone. Ive tried all sorts, microfiber, string, sponge, even the pricey steam one that bit the dust after a year of daily use.


But really, there must be something more too it, right? I do it alot and its not particularly fun, so as i did it again today i thought about why? I dont really do it because I love my tiles or because im trying to make the cover of home and gardens lol. Well I do it because I dont want my family to cohabitate with too many bugs, and I dont want my babies to have black knees. Because I love my kids and want to eliminate a few germs so they wont sick quite so much. Because I want friends to come in and feel welcome and comfortable and not worry that they are gonna get dirty. There are so many reasons but really its all because I love my friends and family and its just one small way I can contribute to their health and happiness. So I guess, I love her but just a bit. but then i suppose this is a bond that all you carpet mamas will never quite understand :)
oh and just in case you were curious, its all about the microfiber baby!!! she is the best, she wins the mvp award for 2007-2010!!! with the shark steamer coming in a trailing far behind second!

2 comments:

  1. Love it, my WHOLE house is tile, every room, So I can relate :) I owned the shark myself, liked it but need so much improvement. I bought the second edition, and everything I wish the last one offered, this one does! Bigger mop head,that flips around so you can use top and bottom, the clothes close AROUND the head now, instead of sticking to it (yet, not well), the tank is much bigger, and the cord is much longer. You can also adjust the handle height, so the kids can join in the mopping fun. Zephyr LOVES to mop :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got me onto microfiber and it's fantastic! Though I went cheap and bought micrfiber clothes that stick to the bottom of my Swiffer. ;)

    ReplyDelete