Monday, February 22, 2010

the blessing of birth







Giving birth has been one of the most exciting , dramatic and fulfulling experiences of my life. Ive been doing it off and on for about eleven years now, lol. Ive worked in labor and delivery, ive stood by a friend as her baby was born , and of course ive done it a few times myself. I have had a perfect birth with an epidural, a birth that literally almost killed me, a fabulous birth with a midwife and one push, a suprise birth that gave me a son instead of the daughter we were expecting and even one med free birth that lasted 2hours from start to finish. They were all so different and yet ended the same , with a happy healthy bundle of joy and a post-birth high. It is such an amazing feeling. You feel as if you life is perfect and just became a little bit more so. Nothing can bring you down! not even that black poop that is soon to follow.




So many women stress over the pain and worry about controlling every aspect, but in the end it happens how it happens. You forget how bad the pain was, believe me, or i never would have done it five times. Im still chasing that after birth glow of like my buddies jenn and chelsea. and still longing for post birth pics that look like fabulous glamourshots like Brittany does! but even if those never happen i feel blessed :) No they havent all gone perfectly, we have even experienced the pain of miscarriage, but i would do it all over again because God has used birth to give us the perfect family he intended for us to have. Sure you can love or hate the pregnancy but isnt the best part those last few weeks when you are waiting...everyday could be the day right! I love it!

While i cant say for sure if ill ever do it again, i can tell you I love giving birth. I love to hear about other women doing the same. Homebirths, hospital births, c-sections, it is all part of the perfect process created by our Lord. and what a awesome gift you get in the end!




1 comment:

  1. Awesome Post. I love babies and you certainly summed up the unspeakable joy mothers receive. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete