Saturday, February 13, 2010

searching for Tigers in Tucson

And so it began, another normal day in a house full of Ps. they start waking around 5am every.single.morning without fail. I thought i would get used to it eventually, after all, I am woman! I do not need sleep. It is one of my many super powers. But alas, it is allways hard to get up at 5am. After breakfast and my much needed cup a joe, Beau announces that he wants to go to tucson. This is very typical, but i will introduce my Dear Husband later, lol.

Piper promplty reminds us that its T week and there are most certainly Tigers in Tucson. I assure her that there definately are and we will find them. I toss a couple carriers in the van and so we are off. Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that apparently I wanted a stroller for valentines day and so we tossed our new camo joovy in there too. Well there was a quick detour before we found the tigers. Beau wants a new bedroom suit so here we come Sam Levitz. I can only imagine what the salesman sees as we approach. An obviously army man, who appears to have been issued a stroller with 3 kids piled on, a big kid rolling around him in a figure 8 pattern, and a wife, no wait, a wife with a kid on her back. What a sight to see. He doesnt even hide the fact that he is counting. I cant recall but im almost certain this man stated outloud one of our most frequent comments. Do you know what causes that? Wow there are 5? You must be busy? etc etc but im certain it was not my most favorite comment of all.....What a beautiful family.....ahhhhh.......the best comment a large family every recieves, but for some reason it only comes from those over 65, whats up with that? I suppose its all that wisdom built up over the years that helps someone know that they shouldnt ask a complete stranger "did u mean to have all those kids". And so, the salesman directs us to the bedroom displays and we meander for awhile. the kids are great for awhile, and boredom hits. I admit, it hit me too, so we were outta there!!!!! ..........off to search for tigers

In true Courtney fashion, i never mention we are going to the zoo. after all, if something happens and we cant, i will pretend to search for tigers wherever we end up, but once they are told the zoo, no other destination will do. But we made it there nonetheless. I popped on a carrier I had carefully selected from the stash. For those who arent all that familiar with my babywearing habits ill mention the stash currently consists of 14 carriers. sounds excessive i know, but believe me, it is considered a modest stash in the babywearing community so I feel no shame lol! It is my only hobby :) and so I chose a Girasol Green Tea Mei Tai wrap conversion. It is a wrap just like the ones many of you have seen me sport, but a wonderful woman named Robyn took the wrap and converted it into a Mei Tai. I get the look and softness of a wrap with the ease of a mei tai. It is one of my favorites!!!
well there was only one tiger but he was beautiful, and active and the kids loved him. They loved all the animals and Tucson has a great zoo. It is clean and nice and animals are easily viewed. It is small and perfect for those days when you want something fun but dont intend on an all day adventure! I love it, but my kids werent impressed. They are spoiled. At the memphis zoo we are in with the VIPs, we feed and pet giraffes and rhinos. We have thrown fish to sea lions, loved on elephants, and even gotten up close with a panda, or two! so when my kids go to the zoo, expectations are high!! and so they said, it was ok lol!!! but really it was a great day.

3 comments:

  1. yay!!! I do the same thing~not telling the kids about something. I call it 172nd PTSD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess we set a pretty high standard for the zoo visits. But Tucson does have a great zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You didn't mention your detour LOL...Love the pictures too:)

    ReplyDelete