Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Big DH




As I begin my journey through the blog world, im noticing a huge problem i am having. When i mention something about my family or any member in particular, i feel like nobody will understand unless I explain this or that etc etc .........and so I have decided to do a quick blurb introducing my family members. They are, after all, the excited multi-faceted characters of my ever growing story. I will begin with the man who started it all, my Dear Husband Beau!




I met Beau at a party when I was 19. I can honestly say, it was not love at first sight. He made fun of my clothes and hair. To this day he makes fun of me when sporting a chin length blonde bob, but he must have liked something right? We were introduced through my friend Tanya who had known him for a few years. She snapped a few photos of us, which i still have! and brought them to nursing school the next day. I jokingly told everyone what guy was my boyfriend. The next weekend I saw him and it definately was love at second sight. At some point that evening I suggested we should get married, move to alaska, and change my name to Courtney Kelly Kempe. I thought that was hilarious! Little did i know in 2 years id be sitting in alaska signing things with that hilarious tongue twister of a name :)




The first year was rough but Beau is tough and so he survived the domestication of Courtney! barely :) Within a few months we were adding to our family, which already including a spirited red headed Parker. Paxton was born and dad training began. And as soon as he learned to change a diaper , Piper was on her way. Then there was Pearce and Pike soon to follow. Super dad was created somewhere in the mix. He can change cloth diapers now with ease, flat ones too! He gives breastfeeding advice, has opinions on birth options, and can do a little bit of hair. He coaches wrestling, teaches sunday school, volunteers in the preschool program at church. He can transform a bumblebee into a car without blinking with a baby on his back and a toddler wrapped around his leg. He is a fabulous father, so much so, that if he did laundry Id call him a mom!


But before all that he was just Beau. He wrestled in high school, was a cheerleader in college and joined the army as a young man. He has braved alaska, and the streets of baghdad. He has walked through the Holy land and held my hand through many labors. He believes in physical fitness and the power of prayer. He is passionate about everything he does. He is a kind, Godly man who protects and leads our family and when I look across the kitchen table I love the man I see.

1 comment:

  1. You have touched me once again...I'm sitting him with tears! I cannot express how much I love you my dear Courtney!!

    ReplyDelete