Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Thank Heavens for little girls!




In my life I have recieved many blessings, but there is one blessing so obviously unique and different from the rest. My Dear Daughter Piper. She is learning to hold her own and stand out in a world of boys. She has almost accepted the fact that she cant have a pink princess room , because she shares with a boy. She will probably never accept the fact that it is going to be impossible to date with 2 older brothers and 2 youngers and even if a boy ever made it past them, there is allways dad :)


It thrills me to have someone else in the house comment on one of the boys dirty faces. For years I was the only girl around and now there is someone in the house with longer hair than mine! Someone who appreciates the kitchenaid and can be easily bribed with anything sparkly. Dont get me wrong, she has been affected by our male dominated household. My piper tends to pounce and knock a boy down who is messing with her polly pockets, but in general she is demure. She leaps and does ballet through the house just as I did as a child. Somehow she is a daddy's girl and my bff at the same time. The Lord truly blessed me with her from day one! My first easy birth with the help of my first midwife! she was also the first child i got to babywear! Im so excited everyday to be the mother of one of God's greatest gifts! A little girl!

1 comment: