Thursday, September 30, 2010

day 15 the love dare

Im so bad, its been over a week since I followed up with my Love Dare post! I have been doing really great tho! The last challenge was to give up something you want to do for something your partner wants to do. I thought that was gonne leave me really kinda mad....but of course, the Love Dare wins and it worked out perfectly. in fact, all the things the Love Dare claims are starting to fall into place. I had circus tickets and really wanted to go on Sat. I anticipated this would be a problem and began preparing my arguments for family fun. Beau was anticipating Mir vs. Crop.....not so family friendly. When I posted the Love Dare, I knew exactly what our dilemma would be. I really wanted to go at night to get the full effect of all the lights etc but I suggested we go during the day so we wouldnt miss UFC 119 (Mir kicked sum butt btw). Beau was thrilled and we had a blast!

backtracking a bit, one of the Love Dares mentioned how important it was that your loved one not have to anticipate your anger/violence/screaming/down right meanness when they knew they messed up, esp over small things. Well Beau messed up, I was really ticked, but i remembered my Love Dare from a few weeks ago. I knew he knew he messed up and was unhappy with himself. I dropped a joke or two about how I hoped it wouldnt happen again and dropped it. There was no fight, no issue and i truly believe he was sorry and thats done. Wow that was much easier than a day of not speaking etc...fast forward to mon......Beau discovered not one but 3 baby carriers on the way, plus a few things from Vicki's. He was none to happy and told me so, pouted a bit then dropped it. I was sorry, wont do it again....and then it dawned on me, this was not how that situation typically plays out for us, yet he pretty much just treated me with respect like i did him. You know, like an adult that can make mistakes, admit them, and move on , no scolding necessary! mind you the man still has no clue im doing the Love Dare sooo points scored all around!!!! woo hooo its WORKING

Day 15 Love is Honorable

Live with your wives in an understanding way...and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life. 1 Peter 3:7

The Bible tells us to honor our father and mother but we are also called to honor our mate. This means giving them our attention , not from behind a newspaper or computer screen. To go even further we can use the word "Holy". Small words pack a big punch. This does not mean your mate is perfect, but it does mean "set apart for a higher purpose...not common but special and unique. For something to be Holy to you it must have a special place in your heart. You share with this person like no other, both physically and emotionally.

"marriage should be honored by all and the marriage bed kept pure" Hebrews 13:4

But even when you are honoring your "Holy" spouse and you dont feel reciprocated.....keep at it. This is the main focus of the Love Dare. That unconditional love that persists even when it doesnt feel loved back, even when its not appreciated or goes unnoticed. Keep those vows and commitments to one another and your spouse will follow your lead....eventually (remember its WORKING)

Todays dare......Show honor and respect to your spouse today above your normal routine. Hold the door open, put away his clothes, listen a little more, show your mate that he/she is Holy in your eyes.


linking my friend Darcel's blog because it fits perfect today http://themahoganyway.blogspot.com/2009/07/marriage-is-work-marriage-monday.html

No comments:

Post a Comment