Saturday, September 4, 2010

day 11 the love dare!

oldie but goodie, pg with baby pike, just found out he was a boy! beaus favorite :)

the challenge from day 10 was pretty easy for me. i suggested he take the day off and play golf :) he loves it! i also snagged a bag of Beau's favorite "trail mix" which i am constantly discouraging. Its laced with m&ms , you know, chocolate candy that melts and is totally unsuitable for the trail. just this once i popped a huge bag in the costco cart, but never again i swear :)

day 11     Love Cherishes

Husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies  Ephesians 5:28

I have no doubt my husband loves me more than himself. Occasionally he shows selfishness, he is human, but I have always known he would take a bullet for me or my children anytime. I also know I feel the same for him, though im certainly not as brave. He is without a doubt cherished by me, the challenge will be to make sure that he knows it!

The book describes a man who has an old car with a few problems who is then encouraged to ditch it for a new model. Nowadays that is how the world often views a marriage....hence the uber high divorce rate! :(
The Bible describes a bride and groom as one flesh, encouraging a husband to love a wife as himself. When we show love to our partner, when we encourage them, rejoice with them , share experiences with them further bringing happiness into their life....we are doing the same for ourselves. Your lives are now interwoven and this should be viewed as permanent. Just the same, when you bring embarrassment, pain, or dishonor to your spouse, you are doing so to yourself. Bottom line..cherish your spouse as you would yourself.

"Dont let the culture around you determine the worth of your marriage".

today's dare

What need does your spouse have today? could you run an errand, give a back rub or foot massage? is there housework you could help with? Today is the day, no time like the present!

mine has been working for 3days straight building a fort/swingset/playground thing that suggests 3 adults! He is well deserving a backrub! and i hate giving backrubs :)

4 comments:

  1. has he realized that you are doing the love dare yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - I'm going to need to read more about this "love dare"!

    It sounds like something I would totally get into!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog today! Oh... and joining me in praying for strangers!

    Have a great weekend!
    pen

    ReplyDelete
  3. no he still has no clue! he knows it exists and has seen Fireproof but no clue im doing it!

    thanks penny, you are awesome! one of my fave blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your amazing Courtney.. Shane and I watched that movie about a year ago. I love reading your journey~

    ReplyDelete