Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the wilderness

Over the past few weeks I have been studying The Exodus with the help of my church ladies and Priscilla Shirer of course :) Today we touched on our wilderness. The Isrealites were a big group of travelers on a 40year journey through the desert, not unlike you and I. Though each of us may never be asked to roam the desert for 40years, or ever, we all will come to a point of wilderness within our lifetimes. Most of us will have more than one. Maybe your wilderness will be literal, maybe not, but you will have one. If you havent yet, Heads up! You might be in for a move to Alaska, a loss of someone you love, a time of depression or loneliness, a natural disaster, who knows you might even be pregnant , lol. One thing is for certain, life is not allways easy, fortunately for us it is Gods problem. Psalm 55:22





Im relatively young by american lifespan standards (soon to be 27 :) but I had my wilderness. It was dark and ugly but fortunately I was delivered just as the Israelites were. Because I have emerged a stronger, more faithful, forgiving and caring person, today I am able to sit at His feet and thank him for that time. The Lord used this period to grow me as a mother, a wife, and a Christian. I had no choice but to cast my cares upon him. Though this was by far the worst time in my life, I look back upon it with a smile. I remember the peace and happiness I experienced feeling him in control. I acknowledge wholeheartedly that it was the Lord who brought me through. He gave me many special people to help along the way. Some were aware and helped in obvious ways, baking, babysitting, bringing smiles :) and there were others who had no clue, yet shared their lives and gifts with me, helping me to make it through each day.



I am so fortunate to be able to look back upon my wilderness and share it and laugh about it now. This is the best and most important part of having one. Embrace it! Love it! It is now a part of your testimony.

Do I want to head back into that dark forrest. Heck no, but I dont fear it. This is another benefit to making it across the desert. You know it is possible. I know he will take care of me. I know if you let him he will take care of you. Each day since my wilderness has been a win/win. Either im in a peaceful time reaping his blessings and spreading his word, or im not. Im in the wilderness leaning on him, growing closer, building my testimony and preparing for the other side.



Ive been told im a go with the flow type. I say Whatever alot :) not because I dont care, but because it doesnt really matter. When the Isrealites made it through the desert and entered the promised land, God reminded them of his promise "Have I not told you, Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged for the Lord your God is with you allways" Josh 1:9. This promise was for everyone, dont sweat it, he has it under control. Let things go and live your life for him. No matter how big or small, he takes care of it all :) With this promise I know I can handle whatever life throws at me because I have an awesome coach in my corner!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blogs Courtney I don't think you know it but your AMAZING!!! I love you to death girlie :)

    ReplyDelete