Tuesday, March 2, 2010

to be or not to be

our home, that is the question...........??????????

so my blog and I have been keeping a low profile online for the past week or so. Why do you ask? We are knee deep in the throws of hunting for our happy home. Beau has been blessed with his replacement months to soon, allowing him tons of time at home to torture me with the inevitable. Happy Home Hunting, and its not even H week. Just for some background, my parents were addicted to real estate shopping. I recall looking for houses well, allways. We were allways going to look at homes whether we were moving or not. I dont ever remember not looking at real estate to be honest and I loved it!!! I wanted to be a real estate agent for years as a child. I thought they were soo cool! I thoroughly enjoyed the process of scrutinizing each home searching for flaws and hunting down those sneaky spots of character. I knew the difference in shiny and antiqued brass fixtures by the time I was 5. I believe the family motto was "Oh its nice weather, lets go house hunting" and so we did! I dont believe i ever left a grocery store without picking up the free house booklet. Soooooo why am I not enjoying this? hmmmm oh thats right, it wasnt my money being spent before lol!

It would be nice to be clueless and believe these people who label that room with Nascar decals proffessionally decorated, but i just dont. I have learned that real estate agents speak in code, for example : Needs some TLC= 20,000 dollar redo in the kitchen alone. I have also learned a few things about my husband and men in general. If his bedroom is big and there is space for a man-room, the house is fabulous and we should spare no expense to acquire this home. Also, men are attracted to yards, specifically those yards that appear to have been landscaped by serial killers. You know, the ones with tons of sheds for holding captives and who knows what else. Something about sheds, and decks and grills are attractive to a man and these backyard items can potentially blind him and make it nearly impossible for him to recognize shag carpet and mass floral wallpapering. BEWARE of exposure to such backyard items esp in the instance of floral linoleum flooring throughout a home, undoubtedly he will no longer be able to see this and may in fact find it cute.

But seriously, its stressful. Once people get wind that you are home hunting your phone never stops ringing and emails keep coming. Its insane. I am forever torn between nice and new and the beauty of that home from 1905 with more character than Johnny Depp. I feel as though we have begun living our lives only when we need a break from house hunting when I was prepared to house hunt only on our breaks? Its almost impossible to find a home that will comfortable fit a large family and a realtor that understands the average 3bdrm 2bath just wont do. In the end, it is in God's hands and we will make whatever he gives us a home no doubt, we have done it many times before! But please Lord Im begging , spare me from a home with a train engine parked in the living room. They seem oh so popular in Colorado and im sure someone else would love to have my train engine and im happy to donate :)

1 comment:

  1. You'll make it happen...with such dedication and perseverance. You do have alot of people helping out...Grammie has made sure of that LOL...Hang in there...Praying daily :)

    ReplyDelete